Friday, December 11, 2015

Newborn Nursery Nurse

After three months of being out of school and two months after passing the NCLEX, I finally got a job working in the Nursery at North Central Baptist Hospital. I am beyond excited to be in the Nursery. During Nursing School, I knew that I wanted to work with babies and I am so blessed to have gotten a job with the sweet little ones. 
I just got done with a week and a half of Baptist systems orientation and hospital orientation and I am finally able to be on my unit. I will be following a nurse that has been on the unit for a couple of years for the next 8 weeks and then I will get to be on my own! I will be working the night shift which is from 6:45 pm to 7:15 am. I am a little nervous about being a night shift nurse, but I am so excited to just get started and see how my body reacts to it. 
I already love my hospital and I love my unit. On my first day on the unit, my director found me to give me a hug and welcomed me to the unit. The people on this unit are so nice and seem to love what they do. I cannot wait to really get going on the unit and start to feel really comfortable there. 
If you or anyone you know is having a baby, come to North Central Baptist and have your baby there! It is a great hospital and I want to take care of your baby! 

Thank you everyone who prayed for me through this whole job search. It has definitely been a rough time, but God has perfect timing and I absolutely love the job that I got through waiting. 

1 comment:

  1. That is so exciting!!!!! You are going to love working with those babies. The best job ever! Congratulations

    ReplyDelete