Sunday, April 6, 2014

#100HappyDays Week 1

I decided to participate in a challenge called: 100 Happy Days.  This challenge is found here.

What it is: 

"We live in times when super-busy schedules have become something to boast about. While the speed of life increases, there is less and less time to enjoy the moment that you are in. The ability to appreciate the moment, the environment and yourself in it, is the base for the bridge towards long term happiness of any human being.

71% of people tried to complete this challenge, but failed quoting lack of time as the main reason.These people simply did not have time to be happy."

How: 

Every day submit a picture of what made you happy.

Why would I do this?:

People successfully completing the challenge claimed to:
 - Start noticing what makes them happy every day;
 - Be in a better mood every day;
 - Start receiving more compliments from other people;
 - Realize how lucky they are to have the life they have;
 - Become more optimistic.

I have personally found this challenge to allow me to stop and see all the things in my day that make me happy.  Even on the worst days, I have been able to find something that has made me happy.  I feel that all too often I look at everything bad that happened during my day and this challenge has already made me see the good in the day.  Even though I am only a week in, I feel just a little bit happier about my life.  I will try and post weekly about all that has made me happy that week. All of these pictures are from Instagram because that is where I chose to share my 100 Happy Days.  Please jump in and try this with me! It has already been a blast! 

Day 1: Lazy weekends sitting outside with my kitten while my husband studies for his test.  
Day 2: Being able to crawl into bed with this guy when I got home from work because he pulled an all nigher last night and he is pooped!
Day 3: Registered for classes today! It's getting real! Almost one month until school starts! 
Day 4: Happy that I get to work with these people! They keep me sane and make work fun! Love these people! Gonna miss them when I'm gone!  
Day 5: Happy I get to sit outside for lunch to get away from the stress of work!
Day 6: Happy that I got to have a great dinner with my wonderful husband.  And after dinner, my parents came into town for the weekend! 
Day 7: Happy that my parents are here and we got to spend the day together! Got a dress for Alex and Laura's wedding! Watching the game! And had an early birthday dinner at P.F. Changs with my parents and Andrew!

***NOW YOU SHOULD TRY THE CHALLENGE! ***

No comments:

Post a Comment