Wednesday, April 2, 2014

New Update on Life in San Antonio

Things have been crazy here in San Antonio recently.  I want to blame that craziness for not keeping up with this blog, however, I know that is probably not the only reason.  A lot has happened since my last post and I wanted to update y'all on our new adventures.  

In the middle of February, Andrew and I moved into a new apartment.  I know, I know…we just moved here and we already changed apartments! However this new apartment is saving us $250 per month.  We have moved from a two bedroom/two bathroom apartment to a one bedroom/one bathroom apartment.  It is just the right size for the three of us and it is a much better price.  We didn't have very many visitors, so we decided that it wasn't worth having two bedrooms just for one bedroom to stay empty 11.5 months per year. Even though we went to only one bedroom, there is still plenty of room for you to come visit us! We have already had our friend Stephen come stay with us and my parents are coming this weekend to celebrate my birthday with me!

This is the day we moved into our apartment!

Another reason we decided to move was because I will be quitting my job on May 2, 2014 to embark on the next adventure of my life… Nursing School! We were worried that our financial aid would not be able to pay for the bigger apartment, so we decided to save some money where we could.  I'll be starting Nursing School on May 8, 2014 and I am so excited about it.  I remember writing my post about switching career paths in August and I thought when I was writing it that May seemed so far away, but…its practically HERE! I just registered for classes yesterday and it is really seeming real now.  Please pray for me that I would find joy in my classes and that I would be able to focus this summer while Andrew is on summer break!  

These are the classes I will be taking my first semester!

And these are the coworkers that I will be leaving behind! I'm so sad about that!

Andrew is doing great in Dental School! He comes home and practices many of the things he is learning on me…many more times than I would prefer.  I am beyond proud of him and almost every day I think to myself, "man, I can't believe he is going to be a dentist!" What a smart and hard-working man! I also would like to tell myself that I am being a good wife and letting him study all the time, however, I know that is far from the truth.  I like spending time with the guy and it is hard to allow him to study when I never have anything to do after work! Please pray for him because from here on out he has an average of 3 tests a week for the next month and some weeks he will even have more than that! 

This is what he does a lot recently…Study, Study, Study!


Some other things we have been up to the past couple of months: 

We celebrated one year of marriage at P.F. Changs


We got a kitten.  Her name is Lily (or Mr. Kitty to Andrew and me). She loves to go "fishing" on the iPad.





I ran my first 5K


We ran our first Warrior Dash (3.7 mile run with obstacles) 



Got season passes to Sea World



Went to the Baylor vs. Nebraska game at the AT&T center


Hopefully now I won't wait another five months to post again, but thanks for keeping up with our lives here in San Antonio! We hope to see y'all soon!

1 comment:

  1. Love catching up with your life Kristen! So excited for you and nursing school. Such a great field an nursing school is seriously so much fun! Happy Belated Anniversary

    ReplyDelete